Monday, December 10, 2012

Be a Sponsor

MOLLY's BIG ADVENTURE

An Artist's first expedition...

Molly in Awe, a climb in SedonaHi, I'm Molly, an artist and single mother of two. I have a dream of trekking through Nepal to Mount Everest and sharing the "Journey", experience, through original oil paintings and a writing.
I have spent many years hibernating in my own self-doubt and excuses.  Painting and creating are my passion; they are what I dream about and what I can't wait to do each day. I recently had a friend tell me it’s time for me to do something big, something life changing, and he was exactly right!  
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
~Eleanor RooseveltMolly Painting
 
Molly -I am a child that grew up way too fast and got lost in the world.  I am a woman who’s finding her way back.  I am the Mother of two amazing, bright and beautiful children.  I am a self-taught artist and designer learning my way and growing stronger each day.  I am a runner who finds peace within bounding up a mountain (an ex-smoker now marathoner). I am a free spirit who loves nothing more than finding simple treasures along the shoreline or high in the mountains.  I am full of love and joy and have overcome the deep pull of depression.   I am a dreamer and a believer!Salmon
 
Why Now - Its time!  
It's time to believe in myself and take flight with my dreams. This is an awesome adventure with a beautiful palette to paint and story to share.
 
The Journey started the day I said “yes” to trek in the Himalayas.  I knew I was taking a leap of faith. It was the chance of a lifetime to embrace my dream to paint and write about a very personal and empowering experience.   
 
Since planning this venture, I've seemed to get slapped with a financial test from every direction.  As much as I've skimped and tried to save I'm still short. It is getting down to the wire and I have to believe that I can still make my dream come true. I refuse to give up   
 
 
Molly and Her BabiesThe Goal - Travel to Katmandu Nepal and trek to Mount Everest Base Camp, writing
and painting about the entire experience.
 
 
The Outcome -
1- An exhibit of original paintings, inspired from Expedition, at my 1st Public Art Show in 2013, my launch into a life doing what I love.
 
2 - Be published. Write this personal story about the entire "journey" and what lead up to it, including the believing deep, staying strong and surviving depression. I hope to talk to the many of the sherpas, other climbers and beautiful humans we meet along the way and include some of their stories in the book.
 
3 - A journey to Mount Everest, a beautiful inspiration.
 
4 - Telling my sweet babies they can do anything they put their mind to....and knowing they believe me. Priceless!
 
5 - Paying it forward.


  • $5
    Love and Light

    I will be forever grateful for your support and encouragement.
  • $15
    Special Mention and Love

    You will be in my heart and you will recieve a special mention and thank you on my blog.
  • What's Needed - 

    $2500 Summit Climb Trek -A month long trek starting in Kathmandu to Mount Everest Base Camp. I will be alone at BC for about a week,(this time will be used for drawing, writing, photography, interviewing and reflection) while group continues to Camp 4
     
    $2000 Air Fare
     
    $1500 Expenses to cover while away
     
    I have kept my request for funding extremely trim as I can forgo any extras and just take in the experience.  I am using my sewing skills to make some of my warmer winter gear, and will borrow what I can.
     
    NOTE: I am in need of a decent digital camera to take photos for documenting and for the Expedition Paintings.  If anyone has one to loan or that I may rent I would greatly appreciate it.Molly at her 1st Private Art Show 2012
     
    Just for you -
    This experience is something to be shared whether it is with a simple encouragement, an inspiring photo, words rich with emotion or a life lasting painting.  Each work of art will be made with the up most care and passion.  I appreciate all your support; please choose from the perks on the right.
     
    Can you spread the word?
    Along with your the support through perks, I would love to have you help me spread the word with friends and family who dream big and support the arts.
     
    What happens if goal isn't reached? - The dream doesn't die, the adventure just gets more interesting.
     
    "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” ~ Helen Keller



    No comments:

    Post a Comment